Get the recipe for this Sausage and Shrimp Skillet with only 4 main ingredients. Delicious & easy for a quick weeknight meal! Gluten free, low carb, and high in protein. Serve this sausage and shrimp recipe on its own, in tortillas for a fun take on fajitas, or over rice or pasta for a more filling meal.
This is a great recipe to use up leftover Italian sausage!
Shrimp and sausage skillet
I love quick and easy one skillet main dishes! Especially ones with loads of flavor and a few veggies added in. This Shrimp and Sausage Skillet is the perfect example.
I take flavorful sausage, such as kielbasa or cooked Italian sausage, combine it with a few fresh veggies (hello sweet bell pepper and aromatic onion!), and add some perfectly cooked shrimp. The whole thing is ready in about a half hour, and it's such a great low-carb, high protein meal.
The flavors are delicious—spicy sausage, sweet peppers, wonderful shrimp. All the bite-sized pieces in this dish make every single bite perfectly delicious.
And I am also in love with the beautiful colors in this dish!
Related recipe: Chicken Sausage and Veggies Stir Fry
How to serve shrimp, sausage, and peppers
We love adding this shrimp, sausage, and bell pepper to some tortillas for some makeshift tortillas!
This dish is also great next to some grilled or baked potatoes, or spooned over rice.
More easy weeknight sausage recipes: Weeknight Chickpeas and Chorizo Stew
Please note: this recipe starts with pre-cooked sausage, so it's a great way to use up grilled sausages, or even sausage in tomato sauce—just chop it up and use it even if it has bits of sauce on it.
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bell peppers
- 12 oz raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 4 spicy Italian sausages, cooked (or any other pre-cooked sausage, such as kielbasa, chorizo, or cooked mild Italian sausage). Try air frying Italian sausage!
- Optional garnish: 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, such as chopped scallion, cilantro, and/or parsley
Related recipe: Kielbasa Cabbage Stir Fry
Step 1: Prepare all the ingredients: Chop the onion. Clean the bell peppers and chop them into ½-1 inch bite-sized pieces. Slice the cooked sausages into thin slices.
Step 2: Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the chopped onion and bell peppers and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the onion softens.
Step 3: Turn up the heat to high, add the shrimp and sauté until the shrimp is fully cooked, about 3 minutes on high heat. Add the sliced sausage and stir to heat through.
Step 4: Remove from heat and garnish with fresh herbs. Serve hot.
Related recipe: Chicken Sausage Stir Fry
More easy sausage dinner ideas
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
20 Minute Sausage and Shrimp Recipe
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bell peppers
- 12 oz raw shrimp - peeled and deveined
- Salt & pepper to taste - (about ¼ teaspoon each)
- 4 spicy Italian sausages - cooked (or try kielbasa or another cooked sausage)
- Optional garnish: 2 tablespoons fresh herbs - such as chopped scallion, cilantro, and/or parsley
- Prepare all the ingredients: Chop the onion. Clean the bell peppers and chop them into ½ - 1 inch bite-sized pieces. Slice the sausages into ¼ - ½ inch pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the chopped onion and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the onion softens.
- Turn up the heat to high, add the bell peppers and shrimp and sauté until shrimp is fully cooked, about 3 minutes on high heat. Add the sliced cooked sausage and stir to heat through. Remove from heat and garnish with fresh herbs.
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.
Natasha @ Salt and Lavender
Monday 6th of June 2016
This looks really tasty!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you on the house. I bought my first house (not my husband's first, but I never went thru the process) last year. It's definitely a crazy time. I was happy when all the decluttering and moving was done. Before then I was so stressed out... but overall it's worth it haha.