These easy Shrimp and Avocado Tostadas make the perfect snack from fresh, delicious ingredients!
You know what goes hand in hand with pregnancy? (Aside from back aches, headaches, insomnia, constantly needing to pee, and a few other embarrassing things I won't even mention?)
I am a snacking machine! For the most part I've been craving cheese and more cheese, but occasionally healthy things sneak in for snack time too. I've been a big fan of avocado and tomatoes as well as cheese. Combined with some perfectly cooked shrimp on top of a crunchy tostada, and you have one happy and satisfied pregnant lady here!
I bought a large bag of tostada shells and have been making these Shrimp and Avocado Tostadas regularly, since they're such a quick and easy snack to put together. The shrimp take all of 5 minutes to cook, and the veggies are chopped in almost no time as the shrimp is cooked.
Everything about these Shrimp and Avocado Tostadas is super fresh and yummy, and they have the perfect combination of flavors and textures: Crunchy tostada shells with cream avocado, crispy bell peppers and juicy tomatoes, and of course - the shrimp and feta cheese add the perfect flavor to the whole thing.
Every bite is amazing and makes me appreciate that I am allowed extra snacks throughout the day! Aldo is not complaining about it either. 😉
Give these Shrimp and Avocado Tostadas a try even if you are not an insatiable always-hungry pregnant pregnant woman - I guarantee you will love these!
You might also love these other recipes:
Did you enjoy this recipe? Let me know with a comment and a star rating below! And don't forget to save it for later on Pinterest:
This recipe contains affiliate links.
Easy Shrimp and Avocado Tostadas
- 4 crunchy tostada shells
- 12-16 large or jumbo shrimp , peeled and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning (Cajun seasoning or chili powder would work too!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Hass avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , halved
- 1 small bell pepper , diced
- 2 scallions , diced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta (or queso fresco or cojita cheese)
- Season the shrimp with the taco seasoning. Heat the olive oil in a large pan, and cook the shrimp about 2-3 minutes per side over high heat, or until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl and mix with the lime juice.
- To arrange the tostadas, spread 1/4 of the avocado onto each tostada, and season with a pinch of salt & pepper. Top each tostada with 3-4 shrimp, halved tomatoes, diced bell peppers, diced scallions, and feta cheese. Squeeze extra lime juice over the tostadas, if desired. Serve immediately.