Last updated on April 23rd, 2018.
Use leftover pulled pork to make this BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza with Asparagus in just 20 minutes for a delicious dinner!
This post contains affiliate links.
Whenever I make pulled pork, I always make wayyyyy more than is reasonable for 2 people. I love using leftover pulled pork in other recipes later in the week. It doesn’t take any effort to make extra pulled pork, since it can be made in the slow cooker or instant pot (affiliate links). Side note: I got an instant pot and I LOVE IT! I got this 8 quart one. But more on that in another post 😉
Anyway, back to my love of easy dinners with leftover pulled pork: We made BBQ pulled pork sandwiches last weekend, and I used the leftovers to make this amazing BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza with Asparagus. To Aldo’s dismay, I always seem to throw in a vegetable or two when he least expects it, but the asparagus worked really well with this pizza! And I love a good contrast of colors in my dishes 🙂
This BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza with Asparagus is ready in less than 20 minutes, which is pretty much faster than I can make a decision on where to order takeout… and this is not even counting the delivery time. I love recipes like this that are super simple, ones that are ready before I have a chance to get hangry.
This recipe works best with really thin asparagus – thin enough to cook in 12-15 minutes at 425F – so the raw asparagus can be put on the pizza and all baked together. If your asparagus is a bit thicker, just microwave it for 3-5 minutes to soften it, and then throw it on the pizza and bake to get that delicious roasted flavor.
If you are looking for creative ways to use leftover BBQ pulled pork, I would highly recommend throwing it on a pizza. I guarantee you will love this recipe!
BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza with Asparagus
- 12 inch pizza crust , ready for baking
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup BBQ pulled pork
- 1/2 - 1 cup thin asparagus , chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 scallion , diced
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a large non-stick pan with olive oil.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the pizza crust, add about half the mozzarella cheese. Top with BBQ pulled pork and the rest of the mozzarella.
- In a small bowl, spray the asparagus with olive oil and mix well. Top the pizza with asparagus and bake at 425F for 12-15 minutes. Top with chopped scallions and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.