Here’s a Chocolate Avocado Smoothie for you so you can start the day off right with a refreshing smoothie full of healthy nutrient-rich ingredients.
This smoothie tastes just like a chocolate pudding!
Super healthy smoothie
I don’t often make smoothies for breakfast, so when I do have a smoothie, you better believe it’s going to be GOOD and extra NUTRITIOUS and FILLING.
This chocolate avocado is loaded with healthy, filling ingredients:
Avocado adds loads of healthy fats to keep you full and gives this smoothie a rich, pudding-like texture. This smoothie does not taste watery.
Cocoa powder is an antioxidant powerhouse and doesn’t contain any sugars. Oh, and it gives this smoothie a GREAT chocolate flavor. I used Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder in this smoothie and it gives the smoothie a super rich and dark chocolate color. You can use any cocoa powder you like! Here are a few options.
A pinch of cinnamon adds more antioxidants to this chocolate smoothie and enhances the chocolate flavor.
Honey adds a bit of natural sweetness to the smoothie. Trust me, it’s needed unless your almond milk is sweetened. If you want a vegan smoothie, just use agave syrup instead of honey.
Almond milk is a nice light vegan milk to help turn all the ingredients into a smooth, drinkable smoothie.
Just blend it all together and enjoy!
I love my Blendtec blender and use it daily. It’s crazy powerful and makes super smooth smoothies.
Looking for other breakfast drinks?
- Coffee banana smoothie – a coffee + breakfast smoothie combo!
- Papaya shake – the simplest, surprisingly delicious smoothie
- Mocha dalgona coffee – try this chocolate whipped coffee over ice *or* steamed milk
- Pumpkin spice whipped coffee – a pumpkin spice twist on the dalgona coffee
Looking for other breakfast recipes?
- Protein pumpkin pancakes
- Blueberry oat Greek yogurt pancakes
- Bell pepper eggs in a hole
- Swiss chard, kale, and potato frittata
- Veggie-loaded no-bake frittata
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don’t forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
- 1 Hass avocado
- 2 cups almond milk or coconut milk (unsweetened, see notes)
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder, or to taste (start with less at first, add more if needed)
- 1 cup ice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional, see notes)
- 1-2 Tbsp honey, or to taste (see notes)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
Combine all the smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth. Taste and see if you want to add more honey or cocoa powder. Serve immediately, garnishing with shredded coconut.
(If you're feeling extra, toast the shredded coconut in a dry skillet for 3-5 minutes over medium heat, or until it turns golden brown)
- If you use sweetened almond milk (or another sweetened milk), then try skipping the honey, or reducing the honey.
- The coconut flakes add a little bulk and filling fats and fiber to this smoothie, but you can skip them if you want. If using sweetened coconut flakes, you might need to reduce the honey.
- If you have leftover chocolate avocado smoothie, you might need to re-blend it to make it extra smooth again.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 8gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
The nutritional information displayed is just an estimate and will vary depending on the actual ingredients and brands used and the exact amounts used. Please consult with a dietitian or nutritionist if you are actually tracking nutritional information for health reasons.