Last updated on December 11th, 2018.
Get through the hot summers with this super refreshing Minty Green Iced Tea!
This recipe contains affiliate links. See my disclosure.
SUMMER IS HERE! And it finally feels like summer. IT IS HOT.
I prefer the lower 80’s partly cloudy weather. But it’s been high 80’s/mid 90’s sunny, humid – the kind of weather where you really don’t want to wear pants. And since it is socially unacceptable to not wear pants, I have to find other ways to cool off.
I’ve been experimenting with many flavors of homemade iced tea recently, and this Minty Green Iced Tea is my favorite so far.
Let’s talk about the ingredients for this Minty Green Iced Tea:
- Fresh mint leaves. This iced tea recipe is super refreshing thanks to the mint, but not in overpowering way that makes you feel like you just drank toothpaste. I am actually not a fan of minty desserts, but this minty iced tea is perfect for me since it has just a light touch of mint.
- Green tea. This iced tea has a more subtle tea flavor thanks to the green tea. I think the combination of mint and green tea is absolutely lovely. You can use any kind of green tea that you like for this – my favorites have been jasmine or lemon-ginger green tea, since that adds another layer of flavors to this awesome summer drink.
- Agave syrup. This Minty Green Iced Tea is sweetened with agave syrup, which is a great no-refined-sugar option. You can use honey instead if you like for a touch of honey flavor.
- Seltzer water. I sometimes like to use seltzer water or club soda instead of plain water to make my iced tea – this gives it a nice little fizz. For this recipe I would just use 2 cups of seltzer water while the recipe makes a total of 6 cups, so it’s not all seltzer. The fizz is not as strong as if you were to drink seltzer water by itself, and it’s just perfect.
You might also love these other refreshing summer recipes:
If you enjoyed this recipe, please let me know with a comment and a star rating below! And don’t forget to save it for later on Pinterest:
Minty Green Iced Tea
- Steep the teabags and the mint leaves in 2 cups of hot water for 5 minutes. Strain into a heat-proof container, add the agave syrup, and mix to dissolve. Add the ice cubes and cold water, and mix well.
- Serve chilled or over ice, and say ''ahhhhh.." 🙂