Last updated on May 17th, 2020.
This Roasted Vegetable Fettuccine recipe is an easy, healthy, flavorful vegetarian pasta recipe. The flavor from the pasta comes from freshly roasted vegetables and fresh herbs. Ready in less than 30 minutes, this is a wonderful vegetarian weeknight pasta recipe.
This post was sponsored with Pomora Foods.
Vegetarian pasta dinner
We’ve been doing the Meatless Monday thing in our house lately. To be honest, it’s not because we’re trying to be vegetarian or anything, but because we’re lazy. It’s easier to pick up a few vegetables at the store a couple of blocks away than it is to do a big shopping trip to get meat, especially on a Sunday afternoon when the big supermarkets are packed.
I love how quickly and easy it is to cook delicious vegetarian pasta recipes for dinner, and love how easy it is to incorporate lots of vegetables into our dinners.
The flavors in this vegetarian fettuccine dish
The “sauce” for the fettuccine comes from the roasted vegetables that release juices while they are roasting – all of that gets stirred into the pasta as well to make a super simple and flavorful dish.
You can find flavored olive oils on Amazon, such as this set of flavored organic extra virgin olive oils.
How to this vegetarian fettuccine recipe:
This is a super easy pasta recipe, just like it should be. Dice the vegetables, toss them with oil, salt, and pepper, and a bit of garlic powder if you want. Roast them for about 20 minutes at 400F.
While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta in a large pot of water. Drain the pasta, and add the roasted vegetables and all the delicious juices they released. Add some olive oil, salt, and pepper (if needed) and some freshly grated Parmesan cheese. That’s it.
So simple, right?
If you don’t have flavored olive oil on hand, no worries! Just roast some garlic along with the vegetables, mash it with a fork and stir it into the pasta. Add some fresh basil at the end and enjoy!
If you want to keep this pasta recipe vegan or vegetarian, make sure you get vegetarian or vegan Parmesan cheese.
Looking for other easy pasta ideas?
- Sheet pan shrimp and vegetable pasta
- Butternut squash Alfredo pasta
- Creamy chicken fajita pasta with veggies
- Shrimp in tomato sauce
- Mac and cheese bar
- Bacon roasted vegetables – these would be AMAZING tossed with pasta too, or serve as a side dish!
Did you enjoy this vegetarian fettuccine recipe? Let me know with a comment and a star rating below! And don’t forget to save it for later on Pinterest:
Roasted Vegetable Fettuccine
- 1 yellow squash , medium
- 1 zucchini , medium
- 1 butternut squash , small
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
- 1 lb box fettuccine noodles
- 2 tablespoons basil infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves , chopped
- Red pepper flakes , to taste
- Salt & pepper , to taste
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese , freshly grated (optional, skip for a vegan version)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a large baking sheet (or 2 medium ones).
- Cut the yellow squash and zucchini into 4 pieces lengthwise, and then slice into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Cut the butternut squash into small 1/2 inch cubes.
- Toss the vegetables including the grape tomatoes with Garlic Infused Olive Oil on the baking sheet. Season generously with salt and pepper. Roast at 400F for 20-25 minutes, or until the squash and zucchini are cooked and the tomatoes burst open.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the fettuccine according to the instructions on the box. Drain the water and transfer back to the pot. Add 2 tablespoons Basil Infused Olive Oil and the roasted vegetables, making sure to add all the juices from the baking sheet. Stir gently and season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or skip the cheese for a vegan version.