Banana, Cinnamon, and Chia Seed Muffins with Pecans are the perfect grab-and-go snack or breakfast. The crunch from the Pecans and Chia Seeds is lovely! These muffins are not too sweet and have a wonderful cinnamon banana flavor.
Well, that title is a mouthful. And my mouth is full of delicious banana cinnamon and chia seed muffins with pecans. 🙂
It's just a great combination of flavors: Who doesn't love a banana muffin, right?? Well guess what, bananas taste even BETTER with a hint of cinnamon, so I added that.
And I absolutely love nuts in my desserts, they just get so fragrant, delicious, and toasted during baking and I love that little crunch they add. I don't know how people don't like nuts in dessert, they can go hang out with the people who don't like fruit baked into their dessert (those people are also not my friends). So pecans definitely made it into this recipe.
I always feel awkward saying the word pecan. I'm never quite sure whether it's pee-CAN, or PEE-cahn. So if you have the same issue and have walnuts on hand, feel free to use those instead. No ambiguity there, you won't have to feel awkward telling people what is in these muffins.
And then I threw in a bit of chia seeds to try to make this muffin recipe healthier. Chia seeds are packed with fiber, good-for-you fats, and also add a tiny crunch to these muffins so I felt like they would be in good company.
Since we're going with the "healthier" theme thanks to the chia seeds, I also used white whole wheat flour in this recipe. White whole wheat flour is one of my favorite ingredients ever! It has all the benefits of whole grain flour, but it looks and tastes a lot lighter when it's cooked, so it can be substituted directly for all purpose flour in many recipes, even for baking.
I wouldn't go use white whole wheat flour in an angel food cake or anything like that that is supposed to have a super light texture, but it works really well in things like pancakes, muffins, and quick breads. I promise you will not be able to taste the difference.
So there ya go, perfectly delicious and somewhat healthy (as far as muffins go, at least) Banana, Cinnamon, and Chia Seed Muffins with Pecans.
Good thing I made these into small muffins instead of baking it as a bread, otherwise I'd have absolutely no will power to only cut a reasonable slice. Muffins are way easier for portion control, don't you think??
Other easy muffins and breakfast treats you will love:
- Cinnamon coffee cake muffins with crumb topping
- 2 Ingredient pumpkin muffins
- Cranberry date muffins
- Blueberry wheat germ muffins
- Syrniki - farmer's cheese pancakes
- Pumpkin spice pancakes
- Pumpkin spice whipped coffee
- Mocha dalgona coffee
- Greek yogurt oatmeal blueberry pancakes – with the most delicious blueberry pancake sauce!
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment below and let me know! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe card below and save it for later on Pinterest!
Banana, Cinnamon, and Chia Seed Muffins with Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl - flour, chia seeds, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mash the ripe bananas. Add the egg, sugar, oil, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until mostly combined. Add the pecans and incorporate them into the batter until everything is combined. Do not overmix!
- Use an ice cream scoop or a large spoon to add the batter to the muffin pan lined with paper liners. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 350F, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.