This Cheesy Chicken Corn Dip with Cream Cheese is absolutely delicious and made in just a few minutes! You definitely need to save this no-bake dip for all your snacking emergencies and easy appetizer needs! This dip is gluten-free, which is great for parties where people have different dietary restrictions!
It's corn season here in New Jersey! Jersey corn is seriously the best. Anytime that sweet corn is on sale for 6 for $2, I am a happy lady. One of my favorite recipes to use fresh corn (aside from corn on the cob, of course), is in this chicken & corn dip with cream cheese. And of course, canned corn works just fine for this recipe!
Related recipes: try my easy corn fritters, or cheesy chicken stuffed ciabatta with corn!
I wish I could say I made this No-Bake Cheesy Chicken Corn Dip because we were having company over, that I made it to share with people.
But nope! I made this because I was craving a cheesy, no-good-for-you, irresistible dip. And I wanted a whole big bowl of it.
This dip is seriously delicious and we ate it all in two days. We love it because:
- It's ooey, gooey, and amazing for dipping crackers, corn chips, or veggies
- It has fresh corn kernels to give it a perfect little juicy crunch in every bite
- It is a perfect no-bake dip for summer - no need to turn the oven on!!
I make this cheesy chicken corn dip in my lovely CorningWare dishes which I absolutely adore! They are great because they can go in the microwave and the oven, and then be covered with a lid for storage of leftovers in the fridge. Plus they are pretty and classy!
Ready to make it?? Here's what you need!
More cheesy appetizer ideas: Fried Brie Appetizer
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 block of cream cheese)
- 1 12-oz canned cooked chicken, drained (or about 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded or chopped)
- 1 + ¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese (or use a combination of cheddar, pepperjack, monterey jack, etc)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup corn (from 1 large corn cob, or a little more than half a can)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (or use parsley, or a chopped scallion or two)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (from about ½ lime)
- Optional: 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced (or dice up several roasted jalapeños, they make an amazing mellow-spiced addition to this cheesy dip)
Note about what kind of chicken to use: I actually prefer canned white meat chicken breast for this recipe because it's so shredded that it mixes evenly with the whole dip. But cooked chicken, such as rotisserie chicken or a chicken cooked in the Instant Pot would be just fine too! Just shred it or chop it in small pieces.
Ingredient variations: Feel free to switch things up! Stir in some taco seasoning, or cayenne pepper, or ½ cup salsa for a fun Tex-mex corn dip variation. Or try using this shredded Buffalo chicken for a Buffalo chicken corn dip! Or add a little Ranch seasoning, or a little Ranch dressing in place of the sour cream.
Make it healthier: Swap out half the sour cream for plain Greek yogurt.
Make it keto: Skip the corn for a keto cheesy chicken dip.
More easy cheesy appetizers: Air Fryer Bagel Bites
Making this dip couldn't be easier:
Step 1: In a large microwaveable bowl, melt the cream cheese in 30-second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds, until very soft. Add the drained chicken, 1 cup shredded cheese (reserve the rest for later!), and the rest of the ingredients, and mix well.
Step 2: Microwave for 2 minutes, and stir. If not completely combined, microwave for another 1-2 minutes.
Optional step: transfer to a pretty microwave-safe serving bowl before topping with shredded cheese. Top with the remaining ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese and microwave for another 30 seconds, or until the cheese is melted.
Serve warm with your favorite dipping chips or veggies.
More cheesy snack ideas: Pickle Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Can I make this without a microwave?
This dip can definitely be baked instead of microwaved! Just preheat your own to 350 degrees. Make sure you start with softened cream cheese that is at room temperature. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to mix together the cream cheese and sour cream, until well combined. Add the rest of the ingredients (aside from the ¼ cup cheese), and mix well. Transfer to a 1-quart oven-safe dish. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup shredded cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dip is heated through.
Other amazing dip recipes you will love:
Other appetizers to try:
- Buffalo chicken ring
- Charred corn salad
- Black bean pineapple salsa with corn
- See all my best easy party appetizers
If you enjoyed this recipe, please let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to save it for later on Pinterest!
Cheesy Chicken Corn Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 12-oz can chicken - drained
- 1.25 cups shredded cheddar cheese - divided (or use a combination of cheddar, pepperjack, monterey jack, etc)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup corn kernels - (from 1 large corn cob)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves - chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice - (from 1/2 lime)
- Optional: 1 jalapeño - seeds removed and diced
- In a large microwaveable bowl, melt the cream cheese in 30 second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds, until very soft and melted. Add the drained chicken, 1 cup shredded cheese (reserve ¼ cup for step 2!), and the rest of the ingredients, and mix well.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, and stir. If not completely mixed together and melted, microwave for another 1-2 minutes. Optional: transfer to a pretty microwave-safe serving bowl. Top with the remaining ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese and microwave for another 30 seconds, or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm with your favorite dipping chips or veggies.
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.
Sunday 23rd of October 2022
Very tasty and easy to make. Was very happy with it.I
Tuesday 25th of October 2022
I'm so glad! Enjoy!
Friday 18th of August 2017
Looks amazing, and I almost feel how it tastes. But today I'm cooking your two other dishes; I'll let you know.