This easy Roasted Garlic Dip is ready in just 5 minutes without any cooking! I'll show you the shortcut for getting that savory roasted garlic flavor without having to roast any garlic!
This post was sponsored by Better Than Bouillon and Influence Central. All opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Easy garlic dip
Roasted garlic dip? In 5 minutes? You might be wondering how that's possible and if you read that right.
Your eyes are not deceiving you. This easy creamy dip has all the flavors of roasted garlic without any of the roasting. This is thanks to the Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base which adds so much rich roasted garlic flavor without any fuss.
I call it our "last minute dip" because I can whip it up anytime in 5 minutes. This means less cooking and more enjoying time with my family.
We absolutely love this Roasted Garlic Dip! Here's why:
- It's an EASY appetizer to whip up! One bowl, no baking, no roasting
- Everyone loves it!
- It's fancy enough for holiday parties
- It goes perfectly with crackers, chips, and veggies for dipping, or can be spread on crostini or used as a sandwich spread
- It's a gluten-free, low-carb, keto appetizer
- Everyone can choose what they want to dip into
- That roasted garlic flavor is amazing, thanks to Better than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base
Better Than Bouillon roasted garlic base
The roasted garlic base tastes and smells just like you've roasted a head of garlic, but without all the effort. That's what gives this dip an amazing roasted garlic flavor.
A tablespoon of this rich broth paste adds all the flavor this creamy dip needs and really takes this dip from a "good" dip to an "omg what is in here that tastes so good?" dip.
And don't worry about having a leftover jar of Better than Bouillon if you get it for this recipe. You can use some in this roasted red pepper dip, or make AMAZING instant garlicky broth, or add some to your pasta sauce to make it garlicky, or soo many more uses!
Ready to make this roasted garlic dip? Here's what you need:
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base
- ½ cup sour cream (full fat or low-fat, your choice)
- ½ cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 scallion, diced
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice (from about ½ lemon)
- Dried thyme (¼ teaspoon), pepper (¼ teaspoon), and salt (optional, to taste)
You'll also need:
- Crackers, raw veggies, chips, or or whatever you want for serving with this roasted garlic dip!
How to make roasted garlic dip
In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients from the Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base through the thyme and pepper. Taste it and see if it needs salt.
Garnish with fresh chopped scallions, chives, or parsley, and serve.
This is the EASIEST dip for holiday parties. That wonderful savory roasted garlic flavor is great for winter holidays, but we make this pretty much year-round for any occasion that involves dipping.
Questions about this recipe:
Can I make this dip in advance?
Yes! This dip can be made up to 1 day ahead and will still taste as fresh as the day it is made!
How long will this creamy dip last?
This dip will last up to 3 days in the fridge. You might need to stir it on days 2 and 3 in case any of the yogurt whey or lemon juice separates out.
Even though the dip lasts for 3 days, I still recommend serving it to guests either fresh or at most one day old - this way the scallion and other ingredients are the freshest.
Do I need to use sour cream AND yogurt AND mayo??
I find that the combination of all three ingredients gives this dip the best texture and flavor:
- The sour cream adds a rich creaminess
- The yogurt adds a nice tang and makes this dip lighter. Not just in calories, but in texture, too - it is almost fluffy
- The mayo adds saltiness and egginess, and pairs perfectly with the roasted garlic flavor of this dip
However, you can definitely skip one of these ingredients and just increase the other ingredients to ¾ cups each. If skipping the mayo, you might need to add a bit of salt.
How much salt do I add?
I found that the garlic dip didn't need any additional salt thanks to all the flavor in the Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base. Mix all the ingredients together without salt, give it a taste, and then season with a pinch of salt, if needed.
If you're skipping the mayo, you might need to add a bit more salt.
Is this dip keto?
Yes! This creamy dip is keto and low-carb, with just 1 gram of carbs per serving (this may vary based on actual ingredients you use). Just serve this creamy keto dip with veggies such as sliced cucumber, raw broccoli or cauliflower, or with keto crackers for a low carb appetizer.
I hope you love this dip as much as we do! If you end up making this roasted garlic dip, please take a picture and tag me on INSTAGRAM or FACEBOOK. You can find me at @babaganoshblog on both. I love seeing your creations!
Other easy dips and appetizers you will love:
- Buffalo chicken cheese dip
- Easy salami appetizer - 3 ingredients!
- Easy kielbasa bites - 3 ingredients!
- Zesty white bean dip and spread
- Hummus with feta and olives
- Cheesy chicken corn dip
- Cheesy seafood dip
- Lox appetizer platter
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Easy Creamy Garlic Dip
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base
- ½ cup sour cream - (full fat or low-fat, your choice)
- ½ cup Plain Greek yogurt - (fat-free, or low-fat, your choice)
- ½ cup Mayo
- 1 Scallion - diced
- 2-3 teaspoons Lemon juice - (from about ½ lemon)
- ¼ teaspoon Dried thyme - (¼ teaspoon), pepper (¼ teaspoon), and salt (optional, to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- Salt - optional, to taste
- Raw veggies, crackers, chips for serving
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients from the Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base through the thyme and pepper. Taste it and stir in a pinch of salt, if needed. Serve immediately or chill for up to 24 hours before serving.
- This creamy dip can be made up to 1 day ahead
- This dip will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Serve with gluten-free crackers for a gluten-free appetizer, or with raw cucumbers, celery, and other veggies for a low carb, keto dip appetizer
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.