This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MargheritaItalianMeats #CollectiveBias
An easy salami appetizer is perfect for snacking and entertaining: Margherita® Hard Salami and Margherita® Genoa Salami and cheese wrapped around an olive. These are always the first to disappear at any party!
This easy salami appetizer is made with just 3 simple ingredients: Margherita Salami, slices of your favorite cheese, and olives. This appetizer is my absolute favorite for several reasons:
- It is tasty, absolutely addicting
- It is so easy to make – no cooking or baking required
- It is easy to transport – perfect to bring to a party
- You can make as many as you need (though I recommend making more rather than fewer!)
- You can make a few different variations (read below for a few ideas!)
- They are gluten-free, so they are great for gluten-free guests
- They are the perfect finger food for a party
- They are always the first to disappear
To make these, gather your ingredients, and put your kids to work. Just kidding! But if you’ve got kids age 5 and older, they can definitely help make these. It is helpful to have all your ingredients set up before you start – then it takes just 5 minutes to make these. So get all your ingredients in order:
- Drain the olives
- Cut cheese slices into quarters (or buy cracker-cut cheese to save time!)
- Pick your favorite Margherita Salami (I like Genoa and Hard Salami)
- Grab 40 decorative toothpicks
Margherita Cracker Cut 8-oz packages are perfect for this salami appetizer. Each package comes with over 40 cracker-sized salami slices. This means that a package of Margherita Salami, 10 slices of cheese, and a small jar of olives is enough to make 40 little skewers, and will leave you with a few salami slices and olives for snacking while you’re putting these together. Perfect!
All the Margherita cracker cut packages can be found in your local deli. For this recipe, I used hard salami and Genoa salami, but they also have thick cut pepperoni and Italian dry salami. All of them are great tasting, high quality dry sausage products that are perfect for everyday snacking and entertaining.
Learn more about the Margherita products and check out more recipes ideas here.
A few variation ideas for this appetizer:
- Use different types of cheese. Some of my favorites are sharp cheddar, pepper jack, and provolone
- Add a basil leaf to give it some fresh flavor
- Swap a grape tomato for the olive
- Serve these on their own, or arrange into an appetizer platter. Some ideas for your appetizer platter: cheese slices, crackers, cracker-cut Margherita Salami, dried fruit, nuts, grapes, hummus, crudités (raw veggies) to dip into hummus
Did you enjoy this recipe? Share it on Facebook and save it for later on Pinterest!
Easy Salami Appetizer
- 40 decorative toothpicks
- 1 8-oz package Margherita® Genoa Salami or Hard Salami
- 10 slices cheese such as cheddar or pepper jack, or 40 slices cracker-cut cheese
- 40 olives pits removed
- Cut the cheese slices into 4 pieces to make small squares.
- Wrap a piece of cheese and a piece of Margherita Salami around an olive, and skewer onto a decorative toothpick. Repeat to make 40 pieces.
- Serve immediately, or keep refrigerated until serving, up to 48 hours. To serve, arrange on a plate, or serve as part of an appetizer platter with crackers, cheese, Margherita Salami, hummus, grapes, and crudités for diping.