Last updated on November 28th, 2018.
This recipe for Pesto and Burst Tomato Crostini with Balsamic Glaze Drizzle is sponsored by Pomora Olive Oils. Pesto and Burst Tomato Crostini with Balsamic Glaze will be the favorite appetizer at every party! Fresh & flavorful basil pesto, naturally sweet grape tomatoes, and the addictive balsamic glaze are a perfect combination.
This post contains affiliate links – using these links to shop is a great way to support this blog without any extra cost to you.
Earlier in the summer I posted a recipe for this Crunchy Brown Rice Salad with a Trio of Dried Fruits that has a super fresh, flavorful olive oil + lemon juice dressing. Check it out, trust me!
This time I wanted to share more of an appetizer or snacky type of recipe, so this Pesto and Burst Tomato Crostini was a no-brainer with all the fresh tomatoes and basil available during the summer.
The lemony pesto that is used for this recipe is SO GOOD and addicting – I use it on everything lately. Add the pesto to warm, toasted crusty bread and top with sweet, juicy tomatoes and it is even better. Drizzle some balsamic glaze over it all? Every bite is perfection.
This crostini appetizer is very easy to make and would definitely impress your guests, if you choose to share it with others. 😉
This kind of recipe with simple ingredients requires really fresh and high quality ingredients, which is why I love picking fresh basil from my herb garden and using tomatoes that are in season now. Using a high quality extra virgin olive oil for the pesto is also a must to get a really fresh, delicious, true olive flavor in the pesto.
With the holiday season coming up, I would highly recommend that you make this crostini with a high quality extra virgin olive oil to really bring out all the flavors of the pesto and roasted tomatoes.
Pesto and Burst Tomato Crostini with Balsamic Glaze
Classic Lemony Pesto:
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (from 1 large bunch)
- 1/4 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper , to taste
- 1 French baguette , sliced into 1 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoon balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine all the ingredients for the pesto in a small food processor, and pulse for a few seconds until well combined. Taste and see if more salt or lemon juice is needed.
- Toss the tomatoes in olive oil and season lightly with salt & pepper. Roast in the oven at 400F for about 10 minutes, or until tomatoes start to split and release juices.
- Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and toast in the oven at 400F for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the crostini: add about 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon pesto to each slice of bread. Top each slide with 2-3 burst tomatoes. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve warm immediately.