This Whipped Brie is the easiest brie appetizer you can ever make! You literally just whip up brie with a mixer, top it with fig jam or honey, and serve with crackers, crostini, or anything else you like! It's fantastic for holiday parties and charcuterie boards. If you love brie, you'll love this!
Easy brie appetizer
I have this recipe for fried brie on my site that is so so delicious and pretty easy to make... but I wanted to share an even easier brie recipe with you: whipped brie.
This brie appetizer is served room temperature, so you don't need to turn on the oven. Simply whip up brie with a mixer until it's as smooth as you like, transfer to a bowl, top with any toppings (lots of suggestions below), and serve!
It can be prepared ahead of time or made last-minute. I always have a wheel of brie in my fridge so I can whip up something FANCY last minute in no time.
If you love the creaminess of brie but don't love its crust, then this is absolutely the recipe for you.
More whipped cheese recipes: Whipped Goat Cheese Dip
- 12 oz wheel brie (a smaller amount of brie would make it harder to whip up unless you have a small mixer bowl)
- Toppings of your choice for serving. For this recipe, I used a fig spread and chopped pistachios.
More whipped cheese appetizers: Whipped Blue Cheese with Roasted Grapes
Whipped brie toppings
Whipped brie is amazing with sweet or savory toppings, or a combination of both. Here are some ideas to try. Remember that instead of toppings, you can serve the brie by itself with of these in separate bowls so your guests can make their own crostini.
More whipped cheese recipes to try: Whipped Feta with Mushrooms
More cheesy appetizers: Feta and Sun Dried Tomato Spread
While the brie cheese is still cold, use a knife to cut off the rind. Chop the brie into smaller pieces.
Place the brie pieces into your mixer bowl and let it come to room temperature. This will help it whip up easier.
Whip the brie cheese on medium speed until it becomes light and fluffy. This will take about 8-10 minutes. The brie will remain chunky and firm at first but just keep going and it will turn into a soft spread.
Transfer to your serving bowl or plate and top with whatever toppings you like, or serve the toppings on the side! Serve immediately, or cover loosely with plastic kitchen wrap and refrigerate. See notes below for make-ahead tips.
More cheesy dips: Cottage Cheese Queso
What to serve with whipped brie
Aside from a variety of toppings, I recommend having some plain crackers, fancy crackers, gluten-free crackers, toasted baguettes, and crostini so your guests have a variety of things to dip into this brie.
This whipped brie would feel right at home on any cheese board or charcuterie tray for a holiday party. So enjoy!
More easy cheesy dips: Cheesy Seafood Dip
Making whipped brie ahead of time
Whipped brie can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days before serving if covered tightly with plastic kitchen wrap. To prevent the wrap from sticking, spray it gently with olive oil.
If making whipped brie ahead of time, don't add the toppings until you're ready to serve.
To serve, let the brie come to room temperature (or maybe just a little bit cooler than room temperature if you prefer) but definitely let it warm up from the fridge so it softens (yay scooped brie!) and so the brie flavor is more prominent.
More fancy cheese recipes: Burrata Toast
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
- 12 oz brie cheese
- toppings and crostini for serving - (see notes below for ideas)
- While the brie cheese is still cold, use a knife to cut off the rind. Chop the brie into smaller pieces. Place the brie pieces into your mixer bowl and let it come to room temperature. This will help it whip up easier.
- Whip the brie cheese on medium speed until it becomes light and fluffy. This will take about 8-10 minutes. The brie will remain chunky and firm at first, but just keep going and it will turn into a soft spread.
- Transfer to your serving bowl or plate and top with whatever toppings you like, or serve the toppings on the side!
- If you liked this recipe, don't forget to give it a star rating and pin it on Pinterest!
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.