I have been totally neglecting my blog lately, but I have a really good reason! Aldo and I bought a house a month ago, and we've been working non-stop to fix it up in time to move right after Thanksgiving. That is coming up soon. We are super excited about the house and how it's turning out, but we are also really exhausted. This is literally the first time in a month that I have an hour free, so here I am catching up with my shows on Hulu and posting this delicious Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Chickpeas Salad recipe.
I am glad I got the chance to post this Brussels sprouts recipe before Thanksgiving, since this salad is perfect either for the holidays or just as a great vegetable side dish during the colder months. It's got a great combination of roasted Brussels sprouts and chickpeas, along with a hint of sweetness from sun dried tomatoes, and a great flavor from the queso fresco and parsley. The simple lemon & olive oil dressing brings it all together and makes this salad pretty addicting. Good thing it is very healthy!
Related recipe: Summer Chickpea Feta Salad
This is literally one of the very few things I've cooked in the last month, since we've been so busy with the house. I miss home cooked food, and just posting about this recipe makes me crave more delicious Fall foods, such as this Butternut Squash and Chickpeas Casserole, this Red Wheat Berry Salad, or Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup. Soon enough I'll be able to cook again, in a larger, newer, open-concept kitchen, so all the house construction will be worth it! I cannot wait!
Related recipe: Pea Shoot Salad with Chickpeas
In the meantime, I hope you make this Roasted Butternut Squash and Chickpeas Salad and enjoy it, because I have to pack up all my kitchen stuff tomorrow! 😉
You might also love these other cold-weather vegetable dishes:
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Chickpeas Salad
- 12 oz Brussels sprouts , cleaned and halved
- 1 14-oz can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes (air packed or oil packed and drained)
- 4 oz queso fresco , cubed (or use feta cheese)
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves , chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a large bowl, combine the halved Brussels sprouts, drained chickpeas, 2 tablespoons olive oil (reserve 1 tablespoon for later), and lemon pepper seasoning. Mix well. Spread on a large baking sheet and roast at 400F for 15-18 minutes, until the Brussels sprouts are nicely browned and cooked to your liking.
- Allow the roasted Brussels sprouts and chickpeas to cool while assembling the rest of the salad: slice the sun dried tomatoes into thin slices and add to a large bowl. Add the cubed queso fresco (or feta) and chopped parsley leaves. Toss in the roasted Brussels sprouts and chickpeas, the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and the lemon juice and mix well. Serve warm.