Have you ever had grilled pizza? It's so good! This Grilled Naan Pizza is the easiest way to make grilled pizza. I'll show you how!
This recipe was sponsored by Collective Bias and MorningStar Farms.
If you've never grilled pizza, you're in for a treat. The crust comes out so crispy and toasty, and it is strong enough to hold a lot of toppings without breaking.
Grilling is enough work on its own, with having to practically bring out your whole kitchen outside. It's worth it, but it's a lot of work!
So instead of making pizza dough from scratch and grill it (may I recommend a GREAT 15 minute pizza dough recipe I use for my Greek Pizza), I highly recommend making grilled pizza with naan bread as the pizza dough.
Naan bread pizza
I make naan pizza as a quick dinner hack pretty often! Store-bought naan bread is the perfect size to make personalized pizzas, and it has such a nice texture that is perfect for pizza crust: It's chewy, soft, and firm.
Perfect for loading up toppings.
If you've never made naan pizza, I really urge you to give it a try. You might end up wondering why you've ever bothered to make pizza dough on your own.
Grilled naan pizza toppings
Alright, now we're getting to the meat of this blog post. Or rather, the vegan meat alternative of this blog post!
For this recipe, I decided to go with a vegetarian grilled naan pizza, and I used MorningStar Farms veggie pulled pork, BBQ sauce, and mozzarella cheese as the toppings.
I really wanted that savory meaty flavor and texture of a pulled pork pizza and wanted to give the vegan pulled pork a try. It was pretty dang good!!
Of course, you can use ANY pizza toppings you want! Leftover carnitas are amazing on pizza, as is BBQ pulled pork.
How to grill pizza
Since you're starting with naan bread, which is already cooked, grilling naan pizza is super quick.
To grill pizza on the bbq, preheat your grill to a super high temperature, about 375-400F. Then add your naan pizzas that are loaded with toppings, cover the grill, and grill for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts, the pizza has nice grill marks, and everything is heated through.
Since you're only grilling the pizza for a short amount of time and the toppings are obviously not coming into direct contact with the hot grill, you want to make sure that you don't have any raw meat toppings on your pizza.
I hope you get to try this recipe! If you do, please take a picture and tag me on Instagram or Facebook. You can find me at @babaganoshblog on both. I love seeing your creations!
Looking for more easy pizza and flatbread recipes?
- Shrimp naan pizza
- Pesto pizza with the 2 ingredient pizza dough
- Greek pizza
- Tikka masala naan pizza
- Balsamic onion, fig, and goat cheese flatbread
- Spinach and artichoke flatbread with roasted red peppers
- Breakfast flatbread
Looking for more easy recipes for grilling?
- Shrimp and vegetable skewers
- Pork and vegetable kebabs
- Pork burgers
- Turkey burgers with guacamole
- Venison burgers
- Best ever chicken marinade
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Grilled Naan Pizza
- 2 Naan breads
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese - (or 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced)
- 1 cup Veggie Pulled Pork - (or toppings of your choice)
- 4-6 tablespoons barbecue sauce - (or skip if not making a BBQ pizza)
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs - , such as oregano or basil
- Preheat your grill to about 375 - 400F (see notes).
- Assemble the pizzas by topping each naan bread with half the toppings, and carefully place on the grill.
- Cover the grill, and cook for about 10 minutes at about 375-400 F, or until the cheese melts and the naan bread is crispy - check on the pizza to make sure the bottom does not burn if you have direct fire touching the naan. Remove from the grill and garnish with the remaining fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.
Friday 16th of July 2021
SO sad. This looked great but despite following the directions, the bottom was charred in a very short time. Grill was 400 degrees. Am ordering dinner for carryout.
Thursday 22nd of July 2021
Hi Allyson, I am so sorry to hear that. Did you have direct fire on the naan? I updated the instructions that if you have direct fire from a gas grill (versus a charcoal grill or electric grill) to lower the heat and check on the pizza more frequently.