A collection of Labor Day Recipes for entertaining, including grilling, side dishes, and desserts.
Whether you’re grilling for Labor Day, going over to someone’s house for a cookout, or just having a few people over, here are a few easy Labor Day Recipes.
On this list I have a few grilling favorites (that can also be made without a grill!), a few appetizers and side dishes using seasonal veggies, and easy desserts.
Check it out below and make sure to save this post for later!
Labor Day Recipes
Labor Day Grilling Ideas and Meats
A few of my favorite grilling recipes. If you don’t have a grill, all of these can be made on the stove top or on the oven as well.
- Ground Pork Burgers – ready in 15 minutes from scratch!
- Shrimp and Veggie Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce – the sauce doubles as the marinade.
- Pork and Vegetable Skewers – get a pre-marinated pork loin and these are ready in just 30 minutes!
- Best EVER Chicken Marinade for grilled or pan-seared chicken. This recipe combines the best of Asian and Italian flavors to make one EPIC marinade.
- Chickpea and Sweet Potato Burgers – don’t forget your vegetarian friends!
- Venison Burgers – if you want to try something different! This recipe works great with lean ground beef too.
- Turkey Burgers with Guacamole (these are sooo good!)
And here is an amazing ribs recipe for good measure. It’s not grilled, but it is a crowd pleaser: Maple Glazed Ribs
Labor Day Appetizers
As good as the main course recipes look above, appetizers are my favorite part of any meal. Here are a few fresh, colorful, festive appetizers that are super easy to make and are perfect to start of your Labor Day party.
I’m including a few vegan or gluten free options if you have guests with dietary restrictions.
- Easy Salami Appetizer (3 ingredients and people love this one? YES PLEASE!)
- Hummus with Olives and Feta (gluten free, vegetarian, or skip the feta for a vegan version)
- Sun-dried Tomato Feta Spread (vegetarian, super easy)
- Crostini with Pesto and Tomatoes (skip the Parmesan for a vegan version, or use gluten-free crostini for a gluten free appetizer)
- Lox Appetizer Platter – a super easy but super fancy looking platter with a lox dip, lox bagel bites, and cucumber lox bites. This ALWAYS gets devoured.
- Roasted Eggplant Dip with Beets – the gorgeous pink color of this Baba Ghanoush dip always makes this a fun dip to bring to a party (gluten free, vegan, and SUPER healthy and low in calories)
- Tomato Avocado Bruschetta – you can never go wrong with bruschetta (vegan, use gluten free bread if you prefer)
- Cheesy Chicken Corn Dip – get some fresh local corn and make this dip in 5 minutes in the microwave. So addicting and so good!
Easy Labor Day Side Dishes
A few super easy side dishes that are easy to scale up if you’re cooking for a crowd.
- Coleslaw Orzo Salad (the perfect balance between pasta salad and coleslaw)
- Mexican Pasta Salad (super tasty! A crowd pleaser)
- No-Mayo Potato Salad with Olives and Feta (gluten free, vegetarian)
- Calamari Salad with Bell Peppers (gluten free)
- Couscous Shrimp Salad – an awesome alternative to pasta salad
- Brown Rice Salad – serve this one chilled, room temperature, or warmed up – whatever is easiest for you! (vegan, gluten free)
Easy Labor Day Desserts
Not everyone has room in their belly for pies and cakes after a big barbecue. A simple fruit salad, an easy dessert dip, and a scoop of ice cream is plenty of dessert for a Labor Day party.
- Watermelon Salad with a honey lime mint dressing. This one is ALWAYS a popular recipe on my blog in the summer.
- No-Bake Key Lime Pie Cheesecake Dip – 5 minutes of prep and you’ve got a dip that tastes as good as a laborious cheesecake. (Labor Day pun there!)
- Fruit Salad – this one is a little different than most fruit salads, with a lovely honey lime dressing.
- 10 Minute Tropical Trifles – use store-bought pound cake and fresh fruit to whip up these individual mini desserts in no time. Looks so fancy but it really couldn’t get any easier!
Share this post with a friend and save it for later on Pinterest!